Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day!!!

Here's what I would consider two of the finest kids ever!!!! Of course I'm not bias or anything. =D Anika Mae
Broderick Jon

I love being a mother so much. It amazes me how much you learn from your kids each day. Already I can see differences in their personalities and am so excited to see them as they interact more and mature. Being a parent is not anything someone can prepare you for, so I'm so thankful that God is always there to give me direction and hear my cries for help.

Our friends were still here on Mother's Day, so we went to Skallerup Klit again. I knew Broderick would love the water park, and us adults took turns going to the spa. It was Mother's Day, after all.


This was Anika's first trip to the pool. Only her feet got wet this time though. I'm sure she'll get more brave. (Or mommy will get more brave.)

She's finally smiling a little more, although they're still a little tough to get out of her. When she does, it melts my heart. And I realize I'd do anything to get a smile out of my kids. Monday night, Brad went to a football game, that would be European football, otherwise known as soccer to us Americans. I took Broderick to a big tent circus that came to our town with Jorgen and Kirstine. We were in the 2nd row and Broderick LOVED it. He was watching the entire time, and taking it quite serious. They offered elephant rides during intermission, but Broderick was a little scared. I was a bit sad as I wanted an excuse to be able to ride one. Maybe next year. Although Broderick has informed me that we are to go next week, not next year. And next time, maybe we should take daddy. He's quite the daddy's boy right now.

To all you mothers out there, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. And those without your mothers, a special prayer for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment