Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spending time with Friends

We were so excited to go home to the states and see our family. But just as much as our family. We really miss all of our friends over here. So we were so thankful for all the times we got to spend some time with friends in both Illinois and Iowa.
Kim, Megan, Tricia, Lynette, Anna
I met some girlfriends for Lunch at Olde World Cafe. Yum, I couldn't decide what to order since there's so many things there I like. These girls are dear friends but also were in a Bible study with me and we all have kids close in age. It was so great to see them.
We met Amanda for dinner at La Tavola in Burlington and her husband Ben met up with us later. They are planning on visiting us here maybe in May. We'll be so excited to have them.
Broderick was so excited to see Amanda. She bought him a book too, so of course he was excited to get a present.
Tomas, Broderick and Mateo hanging out at Taco Bell. (Yes I'm pregnant and had some weird cravings while I was home.)

We had a couple get togethers at our house while we were home. We had one with some of our friends from Burlington and then one with all the Schmidgall cousins. It was a good way to see people without trying to get together with each individually.



































































Broderick has been wanting to go to Fun City for a long time now. Ever since we went to Skallerup Klit here in Denmark, he's been talking about Fun City. So one day we met Lynette and Alaina and Jeff, Terrean, and their two girls.
Little Alaina
Jeff, Raelan, Brad and Broderick
Alaina and Broderick
I got to see my friend Kristi from high school and her two little boys. The poor kids, Broderick kept beating up on them.
Having lunch with Jillian, Arian, and her baby Jacqueline.
I met up with a lot of the girls from high school and growing up. I love and miss these girls so much. Great friends.
Annie and Megan. She is due a couple weeks sooner than me. (I look like a giant in this picture.)
Colleen, Annie, Kelly, Kristin, and Katie
My friend Kelly who I've grown up with. This is who's wedding I missed a few months ago, so I finally was able to get her wedding present to her. Better late than never.

We are so thankful for all the good friends in our life. God has blessed us so much! Thanks so much to all our friends for all the great memories!!

1 comment:

  1. Meg-
    Woo hoo! I made the blog. I love reading about all of your adventures and travels. It was fun to see you over winter break. Can't wait to have our new, little girls this spring!
    Love
    Annie

    ReplyDelete