Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Anika is (almost) 9 months

Next week Anika will be 9 months old. I can't believe it. We had her appointment with the home nurse (sundhedsplejerske) this week and got to see how big she is. She is now 9300 grams and 74 cm long.

Hey - if I have to deal with the metric system then you do too. Ok, ok, I'll convert it for you. She is almost 20 1/2 lbs and is just over 29 inches.

This was her last visit from the nurse. She checked her hearing and vision too, and everything looked great. This is one area that Denmark has better than the US. It has been so great to have Else-Marie come to our house and check on Anika. This was great, especially when she was a newborn and there are so many questions and you aren't up to leaving the house quite yet. I mean, I know it is fun to bundle up your kid in the car seat and go to the doctor office ... ok, maybe not so much. It was so nice to have someone to call with questions, other than the doctor, who knew my child and was always willing to help. Plus, she has been doing this for years, so you just felt safe having her check out your baby. She was really great and I'm so thankful for the good care she took of Anika.

2 comments:

  1. What a picture! Two fantastic girls. I totally agree Else-Marie has been soo good to have, don't think you can have better sundhedsplejersker than her! And I can't wait to get to know Anika better, she is always so smily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is darling Megan! and I can't believe already 9 months old...I feel like you were just posting about her birth!

    ReplyDelete