Friday, December 18, 2009

Fun in the Snow

We actually got a little snow here this past week and Broderick LOVES it. Everyday at school he gets to play in it and when he's home he likes to play too. Its not a lot, only a couple of inches, but its enough to have some fun. We got snow tires put on our car this week too. Everyone does that over here, even though their winters are very mild. It seems crazy to us that no one does this in the US, where we have horrible winters.

Making a snow angel.
Today was Broderick's last day of børnehave before Christmas break. He had a great time playing games, listening to Christmas stories, and dancing around the Christmas tree. They also fed them a delicious food called risengrød. Its kindof like a rice pudding with butter, cinnamon, and sugar on top. Mmmmm .... and then they had some christmas cookies. too.

After I picked him up and was asking him about his day, he told me that he ate risengrød and put kanin (rabbit) on top. I asked him if he meant kanel (cinnamon). We kindof got in an argument about what he meant and he finally told me, "Mom, its danish ... you don't understand it."

Ok, he's right, I'm not that great with my danish. BUT ... I think I was right this time. I really do think he was putting kanel on his risengrød and not kanin.

He wasn't very happy to leave today, he was having SO much fun.
Here he is with a few of his buddies in his class.

No comments:

Post a Comment