Thursday, December 10, 2009

Julefrokosts and Visitors

Have you ever seen such a precious picture? Love these guys!


We have been staying busy here getting ready for the holidays. Its a bit different this year since we're not coming home. Last year I was busy shopping for everyone before we left and trying to pack it all in suitcases. This year, although sad we're not going home, is definitely more relaxing. I'm pretty well done shopping, just a couple more things to look for. I realize kids are easy, I know they'll like anything and this this year all my husband has on his list is socks .... and he wants a new car, but I think we'll wait on the latter.
Poor Anika took a tumble off the couch right onto the coffee table. Brad was actually holding her, but she's a fast little thing. She got a big bruise on her cheek -poor girl.

She's fun right now and usually in pretty good spirits. Getting around everywhere in a multitude of different ways. Sometimes she scoots .... sometimes she rolls .... and sometimes she actually crawls.

The first of December we gave Broderick the coolest Advent calender I have ever seen. Its playmobil and everyday he gets part of a police collection. He's not a big fan of chocolate, so we thought he would enjoy this calender better. The hard part is keeping track of all the parts. On the first day, he got a robber. A few days later we couldn't find the robber anywhere and we searched everywhere. We kept asking Broderick if he could remember where he put it. Nope. He had no clue. Well, two days later I was putting on my boot and there was the robber ... in the bottom of it. I told Broderick that I had found his robber in the bottome of my shoe and he says, "No Mommy, I put it in your boot, not your shoe." hmmmm.... that bit of information would have been helpful ..... 2 days ago!!!!!!!!!!!! Silly kid.




We went to a Christas Party (Julefrokost) at Broderick's school a couple weeks ago. We all brought food and had a buffet. It was fun to watch Broderick in his element with all his buddies and it was good to meet some of the other parents.

Here's some pictures of Broderick playing with his buddies.



Here he is in front of the Christmas tree. All the kids made ornaments. Brdoerick made the tree hanging right behind him.



I had a Julefrokost with the ladies in my mother's group too. Anika playing with her little friend.

They made many of the traditional foods of a Danish Julefrokost. Sorry to my Danish friends, but a few of the things they eat, well ... they're not my favorite foods ..... especially the sild (pickled herring).
Here it is: Karry dressing on the left and pickled herring with onions on the right. You eat it on their traditional rugbrød (rye bread).
Here's my ladies.

The last couple of weeks we've had visitors from the US. The first week Brad's brother Aaron stayed with us. The day he left Brad's brother Curt arrived and stayed with us for part of that next week.
Brad hanging out with Paul and Iggy. (They came with Aaron).
Eating out with Aaron and Paul.
Uncle Curt with the kiddos.

They were both here for work, and we were so excited to have them. They also provided great carriers for Christmas gifts both ways. Some coming to us from the USA and some going back to the USA from us. That worked out good. Saved us a lot of postage.

1 comment:

  1. just yesterday we saw a whole collection of playmobil toys at a toy store...very cool stuff! the cookie making looks like a blast! merry christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete