Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Catching up

The doctor is in ....
And its a good thing, because even though we are all healthy now, the last couple of weeks the husband and kids were sick. Somehow mom lucked out and stayed healthy. It started out with Broderick and dad not feeling good. He had high fevers and a bad cough. And just when he started to feel better, Anika started having high fevers and lots of snot! You have to love when their faces are crusted with snot most of the day. And this isn't because I never wiped it, but 2 seconds after I wiped it, there was more and she was wiping it everywhere. And when Broderick has a cough, he throws up ... a lot. So we were heavily motivated to keep the cough under control so we wouldn't have to deal with puke as well. Poor babies, I always hate seeing my kids sick.
Broderick took full advantage of people coughing or sneezing and was there with his doctor kit to fix you up. So I am very happy that everyone is back to normal, except Anika is working on 6 teeth.

That's right ... I said 6 teeth ... all at once. The poor baby ... I guess we might as well get it done all at once, right?

But I guess with teeth, comes more hair. It keeps growing. Now that she finally has enough that I can put a clip or something in, she has decided she wants nothing on her head and promptly pulls everything off. Broderick is actually more interested in wearing the clips she promptly pulls off her head.
Look at all that hair.
Fastelavn, the Danish holiday that marks the start of lent is this weekend. You celebrate by dressing up in costumes and going house to house (like our halloween), except you usually get money. You have to sing a song when you go to each house (not an easy phrase like trick or treat) and I still have no idea how to sing it or pronounce the words, so we won't do that part. But ... at church sunday they will have a little party and Monday at school they will have a party as well.
Broderick wants to be a clown this year, so that's what we got him. This is him making a silly face. (Actually all his faces look the same .... sad, silly, funny, mean .... they all look like this.)
This costume was too small when we tried it on at home, so we had to get a different one. I'll post pics of that after the weekend.
Broderick had to visit the dentist this past week. He was nervous, but he did so good. He laid there and did everything they asked of him. I was so proud.
Last week, our barnepige (babysitter) had the lead role in a musical at her school, so Brad and I went to watch her. She's 18 and goes to gymnasium ... which is like high school in the states.
It was so strange, at intermission ... at a high school function ... they were serving beer. Then after the show, some the the performers ... high school students ... were walking around drinking beer. Brad and I had to laugh, imagining functions at our high schools, and the consequences if the students were walking around drinking beers after the performance.

One small difference in culture, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that the mom nevr gets sick? :) Loving Anika's hair.... I am jealous. Isabel is growing a mullet! Your posts make me laugh- beer after the play?! Can you even imagine? I missed your blog.

    ReplyDelete