Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow

So, Denmark usually has mild winters. Maybe it will snow once or twice, but it usually melts within a day or two when it warms back up. Last winter while we were here, it was in the 30s most of the winter, rainy and gray, but not too cold.

Well, this winter ... mother nature thought we were missing the midwest or something, because she has sent us a lot of snow. The danes were all excited to have white Christmas this year, but I think even most of them are ready to have it quit snowing and warm up a little bit.

But, if it snows, you should make the most of it, right? And that's what Brad and Broderick did after one of our snows back in January. Broderick wanted to build a snowman, but the snow was to dry to do that, so Brad started the task of building a fort. Broderick was helping him and lasted about 1 hour, maybe. But Brad kept on building for hours.
The process may have gone faster, but because of how dry and powdery the snow was, Brad was actually having to add water to it to make the blocks.
Here he is working hard.
And the semi-finished product. Brad had intentions of building it up with a roof ... Broderick's own little igloo, but he has yet to complete the task. I don't think Broderick minds though. He's had a lot of fun with it.

Now I know those of you in the midwest don't feel that bad for us, because I realize you have had even MORE snow and its still coming.


And a picture of Broderick ... he wanted to wear my glasses.
Love this little guy, but he needs to quit growing. Pants that I bought him only a few months ago are already to small. I can't keep up with his growth spurts. I mean he's 3 and I have to buy clothes for 5 years old. Slow down buddy, I'm not ready for you to grow up this fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment