Sunday, August 9, 2009

10 Years Together!

Wow, its been a while since I've updated, but we've been busy! We went our cruise through Greece and then spent a couple of days in Venice, came home for a few days and then we had Brad's brother Aaron and his wife Luann come to visit. We spent 4 days with them in Paris and then have been back in Denmark these last few days. It has been wonderful having visitors and traveling, but it hasn't left me much time to get things updated here. So I'll work on updating with some of our travels and pictures soon.

Today is our 10th wedding anniversary! I can not believe how fast the time has gone. It has been wonderful growing and changing together over these years. Looking back, its amazing how much we have been through and it makes us excited for the future. Who would have thought when we walked down the aisle 10 years ago, we would be living in Denmark today? We still remember our reception in our parents back yard and our honeymoon in Florida like it was yesterday.

We are so thankful to God for giving us each other. Brad is my best friend, an amazing husband and a wonderful father. I don't know why I was blessed in this way, but I am so thankful. Aaron and Luann are still here, and they offered to watch our kids with Fiona so we could go out. We took them up on the offer and went to Utzon's Cafe in Aalborg.

Little known fact ... the architect of the Sydney Opera house is from Aalborg and his name is Utzon. The cafe is located in a building that he designed. He grew up along the fjord in Aalborg, his father worked on ships, so much of inspiration comes from ships. You can tell that by looking at his work I think. My doctor over here actually recommended this place, so we have been looking for an excuse to try it.
Enjoying our meal.
The cafe ... interesting architecture.

So 10 years has come and gone. I'm sure the next 10 will go even faster. Talking with Brad tonight we were discussing what the future would hold. Of course none of us know, but its always fun to dream. We anticipate a big focus on parenting, with tee ball games, PTA, and whatever else kids that age will require.

Thank you Brad for all that you do for me. You are a gift from God!!! Of course we are so lucky to have wonderful parents who have given us an example to follow to see what a Christian marriage looks like.

I'll update again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Anniversary!
    You guys are such a wonderful, loving couple- enjoy your day
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. megan, I can remember your reception like yesterday as well! I barely knew you at the time, and I am so thankful and blessed that we are so close now. Close as in near to the heart--obviously not proximity! We tried to move close to you guys, but you guys flittered off to Denmark! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete