Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our Mediterranean Cruise

Bear with me as I do a little bit of backtracking...
At the end of July we took a Mediterranean Cruise. We left from Venice, then sailed on to Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, and Olympia in Greece, spent our last day in Dubrovnik, Croatia and then came back to Venice. That is our ship above and it was beautiful! Very clean, very nice and many things to do.
Here is the family on the 2nd formal night. Every night they had a meal and a show afterwards. Broderick especially loved the shows.
There was a kids zone area. One night they had a disco. Broderick was very timid but decided to participate for a few moments. Here he is busting his moves.
They also had a small mini golf course. Broderick LOVES golf.
He also enjoyed swimming. Our pools on the boat were salt water pools though. We weren't big fans of this. The first time Broderick got in, he got some water in his mouth and promptly threw up. Yes, that's right ... right in the pool. Fiona quickly wisked him away from the pool. We weren't quite sure what else to do.

We were so lucky, we had awesome weather. No rain and yes it was hot, but not unbearable. No one got sunburns and no one fell off the boat.


Ok, I'm usually not much of a worrier. But on this boat different scenarios were always going through my mind of possibilities Broderick or Anika could fall over and could I jump off in time to save them. I did not like them anywhere near the sides. Maybe it would be better when they are a little older and I won't have to worry so much. I know, I know. I was being paranoid, but I couldn't help it, I'm a mom.

So I will take you to each of the places that we visited. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Greece was BEAUTIFUL!

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice, looking forward to more pics. As you would probably guess, I would be just the same paranoid mom with the sides of the boat, even now I hate that we have the stairs up to our bedrooms, so I always place the laundry hampers in front of the security railing we have set up!!!

    ReplyDelete