Monday, August 17, 2009

Farvel Fiona

For 3 months, I've lived the good life!



I had a nanny!



She was awesome!



And ... we miss her already. One week ago we took Fiona to the airport to say goodbye after 3 months of being together. Brad and I were able to sleep in (Broderick was dragging her to parks at 7 am sometimes), we were able to date (she would keep both kids in the evening), and we were able to travel places and see things that would not have been possible if we always had Broderick with us. Some places aren't the best to take kids (like museums) and they need naps. She helped around the house too ... cleaning, dishes, laundry! What more could I have asked for?



Broderick ADORED her! From the moment we met her in the airport and Broderick went up to her and told her, "I'm looking for a yady Fona" to the day she left, Broderick couldn't get enough. He had a constant playmate. Someone who would sing songs, play in the park, and build sandcastles all day long. He was a bit possessive at times and didn't always like it when Fiona would hold Anika, "Put her down Fiona!" He would frequently give her such commands.



The poor girl has put up with a lot more than she bargained for though. She has been puked on (by both kids), pooped on, hit, and has heard more crying than she probably thought she could handle. Even dealing with all that, somehow she still loved my kids. And she even learned a little Danish.



She was a fun person to have around, interesting to talk to, a good friend. She runs cross country at college too, so she was an inspiration for me to start exercising. Of course I didn't do as well as I should have in that area, but it was a start. =)



It was quite emotional at the airport with tears all around. Poor Broderick was crying, "You can't leave me. You have to stay with me." over and over. Poor Fiona, I don't think that made it any easier for her. I know she was missing her family and friends a ton though, so I'm sure she was excited to get back and see them.



Thanks Fiona for all your hard work and help. We all loved having you! Good luck at your last year of school. We hope you loved it too! God Bless You!!!!!!!!!


Here's a few memories of her time here...

The 3 of them at our house
Broderick and Fiona in Ireland
Painting with Broderick (she did lots of crafts with him)
Saeby, Denmark on the coast
Skagen, Denmark
Eating gelato
In Corfu

Museum in Paris
Cuddles with Anika

1 comment:

  1. I can tell Fiona was wonderful with the kids- must have been hard to see her go! What a blessing to have her there- (can't we all have Fionas?:)
    Ok- when are you going to be in my neck of the woods- I want to see you
    Ann

    ReplyDelete