Sunday, March 15, 2009

Last Weekend Before Baby

Doesn't this picture melt your heart? Every night Brad puts Broderick to bed and they say a prayer together. Its one of my favorite things to see as a mommy.
Our last weekend before we add another baby to the mix, so what do you do? How do you enjoy this time before life gets a little crazier? Well, Broderick's vote was Jumboland, of course.

Here's him and Daddy both wearing their "bests". He thinks he's pretty cool when he looks like daddy.

Building a big tower!

There's a restaurant we've seen in Aalborg called Bones - an American restaurant with their specialty being spareribs. Of course our curiosity was perked, so we have tried to go their twice and they have been fully booked. We even tried to make reservations and were unable to get in. So this Friday, I actually called ahead of time enough that we were able to get in!!!!

Broderick's excited to see Goofy when we go inside. He told me "I want to sake his hand". I wish I would have got a picture of that. He shook Goofy's hand and introduced himself.

They really cater to kids. They have a playroom there and give them balloons and a hat/visor and a toy. Broderick got a sword that lights up. He thought he was like his cousin Gabe with the sword.

Going home. The restaurant was pretty good. We were expecting big things since its obviously quite popular here. I had the spareribs and they were good except they didn't have good American BBQ sauce. Brad had a big steak which he said was good too. As usual though, never cheap to eat out in Denmark, unfortunately.

This weekend we had great weather, in the 50s. Saturday, we took a walk into town and went through the park. It was relaxing and Broderick loved it. We stopped to see the ducks too.

Then today we were invited to our neighbors house for breakfast and then spent most of the day outside. We needed to condition our patio furniture and Broderick loves to play in his yard.

Broderick and our neighbor boy, Victor.

Vibeke, Søren, and Brad
Megan and Vibeke
While we were outside, there was neighbor kids outside playing across the street. Broderick was kind of eyeing them, so Brad asked, "Do you want to go play with them?" "YES!!!" Broderick ran over to them and started playing. It was our first moments as parents that our little boy went off by himself to play. Kind of a big moment. =( They grow up too fast. Then after a while he asked if he could go inside and watch a video with the kids. When I went to get him a little bit later, he was content as he could be. He's only 2!!!
5 days left for me and I can't wait. A little nervous, but I'm ready. I can only handle about 8 months of pregnancy I think. My last day of language school is tomorrow and my mom arrives on Wednesday. We'll keep you updated!!!!

2 comments:

  1. We'll be thinking of you, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a healthy baby and Mommy.
    Love you, Connie & Tom

    ReplyDelete