Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some time in Iowa

We made it out to Iowa and the last week, Brad was able to join us since he was coming to town for business.
We were able to be with Grandpa Schmidgall one night.

Sammy was so nice to little Anika.
Precious Anika. She loves watching people. So she was pretty good with all the commotion going on.
Lorenia put Anika to sleep with Gabe helping nearby. Naomi and Broderick are best buds when they're together.
Great Grandma Lois and Anika.
Grandpa Joe reading books with Broderick.
Great Grandpa was so sweet with little Anika ... patting and rubbing her head.
Broderick ALWAYS has Grandma read Frosty the Snowman to him. He always remembers.
All the Schmidgall girls.

All the cousins watching a movie together.


While I was there, there was a run/walk that our church puts on to raise money for water units for countries without pure water. So .... I attempted to run 10km.
Aunt Luann was nice enough to watch Broderick and Anika so I could run.
Broderick was there to greet me when I crossed the finish line. What a supportive little guy.

Jane and Rosie walked the 5k.

Jared ran the 10k too and won 1st in his age division. Ron, my father in law, also ran the 10k and got 3rd in his age division. Sorry to let you all down, but I didn't win anything. I was just glad to run it all and not die at the end. =)

It was so good to see our family and spend some quality time with them. It was good to see our house back in Iowa too. Ron and Jane take great care of it while we're away.

No comments:

Post a Comment