Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another day!!

Well, another day is almost done in Denmark. Right now, we are watching "Bee Movie" which Broderick is totally entranced with. The surprising thing is that it is entirely in Danish and he doesn't seem phased by it at all. He is perched on top of a rubbermaid as his chair about 5 feet from the tv and seems to be loving it.
Here are Broderick and I earlier in the day looking at pictures on the couch in our place. while we are busy trying to settle in and figure things out, we've had plenty of time to snuggle and read books, ect. The day was beautiful. Started out a little cool, but then the sun came out and there was very little wind, so we walked down to the playground at the end of our street and spent a couple of hours there. Broderick was a little scared of the slide at first, but then loved it. When Brad and I came in April to look at homes, we saw people from the neighborhood out building this playground, so its kind of neat to see it done now. While we were there, another neighbor with her kids and some of the neighborhood came and we met here. She was very friendly and thankfully spoke some English. Her little boy was 18 months so pretty close to Broderick and they live just a few houses away. While walking home, a coworker of Brad's was out in his yard with his little boy who is just 2 days younger than Broderick. His wife is on maternity leave until April, so I'm hoping she's someone who I can connect with. I'm so thankful everyday that God has provided this house and neighborhood for us. They have all been very friendly so far.
There is a bakery/deli right by the main grocery store and we ate lunch there yesterday. It was very good and here's Grandma and Broderick sharing a special moment there. I think Broderick is going to be pretty sad when she leaves. I'll try to play with him and he'll push me out of the way and say, "no mommy, mama" which means I don't want you mommy, I want Grandma.

Broderick is growing up, he turns 2 on Saturday and today his big boy bed was delivered and we put it together. We'll see how he does staying in it. We're having a little trouble with his heat. Its radiant heat flooring, so there's no instant change. They say it takes about 24 hours to feel the change that you did. So whenever we try something new, we have to wait a day before we know if it worked or not. Brad of course thinks its fine and doesn't think anything is wrong. If you know me, you know i like my house warm, so I am quite miserable at times. Hopefully we'll get it figured out soon.

Hope everyone is doing good, keep in touch and don't forget to keep us updated. We love getting emails from home. Tomorrow is laundry day, wish us luck trying to figure out how to work the machine.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog...it helps that I am now online...keep up the good work...you have the makings for a great book! Love and hugs! Mumsie

    ReplyDelete