Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Meeting People

Today was spent driving to Aalborg to a friend's house (thank goodness for navigation) and going to that "playgroup" sort of thing with her. It was a nice time. There was some other kids there, but I think Broderick was a little nervous because he played by me the whole time. It was good to be with other women and they were so nice - they held their meeting in English.
This is Tina. After the playgroup, we walked back to her house and had a cup of tea and Broderick played there. She has 3 boys, so you know how exciting it is for a kid to get his hands on someone else's toys.

My doctor appointment was switched to late tomorrow morning, so if any of you are up at 4 am, you can say a prayer for me then. =) I'm also going to sign up for my Danish classes tomorrow morning. A lady from town, Ulla, is going to go with me to help. People have been very willing to help here. That has been so nice.

A couple of things about food here. I was at the grocery one day last week and saw Doritos. They had different flavors, including cool ranch, but it wasn't called cool ranch, it was called "cool American". I thought that was pretty funny. (What's not so funny is I bought a bag and ate the whole thing in a matter of 3 days). I've been on the search for frozen waffles since they are Broderick's favorite food, I haven't been so fortunate, but yesterday in the cake/bread section they had premade waffles to be toasted, but they're not frozen, just sealed in a bag. I'm hoping they work because Broderick will be so excited. I've yet to find ice that I can buy. I think of our friend Chad back home often because I know you can't survive without ice Chad!! I'll have to find some ice cube trays of some sort.

Signing off for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg,
    I'm glad to see you are meeting some people there. That is so beneficial. I am loving all these pictures you are posting. It is good to see people and places by you. Thanks for all your effort keeping everyone posted. It really helps me feel connected. Hopefully sharing everything helps you feel connected to everyone, too. Love you, Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan-
    Hey! I just came across your blog from Nichole's. I've decided I'm just gonna have to live vicariously thru you via blogging now. I remember you saying you were going to Denmark- I just didn't remember it was so soon. It sounds like things are going well. I'll have to read up on you tonight- mind if I add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete