Monday, September 15, 2008

A day of Shopping!!

Today was a busy day for us. Brad went to work for a couple of hours and then he and I went shopping for all sorts of things. Furniture, cars, misc houseware items. It took most of the day and so I was pretty tired when we got back, but we got a lot accomplished. I couldn't believe looking at cars though. I knew the prices were bad, but it was still unreal. We looked at a used volkswagen with about 80,000 miles for over $50,000. And that was the cheapest car we looked at. We're really limited because we're trying to find an automatic so that leaves us about 1 car per lot.

After we got home, my mom and I fixed supper, while Brad put a little seat on his bike and took Broderick for a ride. Broderick loved it. The seat attaches right to the bar on Brad's bike and there's a little seatbelt on it to strap him in.


While we were out, my mom stayed with Broderick. (Hopefully he didn't drive her insane). He's really into trains (choo-choos) right now so I think they played a lot of that.

I can tell Brad hasn't totally integrated into danish culture yet. This morning he woke me up and said, "Megan, its raining, you need to drive me to work, I can't take my bike." Ok, I thought that was a reasonable request. We went outside and there was not much more than a drizzle and everywhere we looked people were biking to school or work. What the danes say is that "there's no such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing."

We have our phone hooked up here now and I also have a cell if anyone cares to call us ever. We're going to get an account on mobivox, so if anyone cares, sign up there, we get a better deal when we talk then.

Send me an email if you need our information and I'll send it to you.

Hope you're all doing well. Keep in touch with us.

Megan

1 comment: