Monday, September 22, 2008

The Doctor

Good evening to all (or afternoon for most of you). Today was pretty low key. The only thing I had going on was my first doctor appointment here. I had no idea where I was going, but we actually found the office with no problem. Thank God for navigation in Brad's car. We walked in and I thought, "oh no!", the waiting room was packed, there weren't enough empty seats so I had to stand. I thought we'd be there forever. They must have a lot of doctors though because we only had to wait like 15 minutes. Much more simplified than in the US. I never saw a nurse, it was a doctor who came to the waiting room and got me. She came out and said, "Is there any American here?" I assumed she was talking about me. She didn't speak great English and kept apologizing, but I assured her that it was much better than my Danish.

She only talked to me today and I have to go back on Wednesday for my actual exam. You can pray for us then because my mom will be gone, so I'll have Broderick with me right during his nap time in the afternoon. I'm thinking portable DVD player and snacks. I'm hoping it goes quickly. Its strange to think I literally know nobody to call for help. Kind of a weird feeling. I'm also hoping my visa gets here quickly so I can get a medical card. Right now I'm on a cash basis. That can add up fast.

This was my mom's last day here, we take her to the airport tomorrow. Broderick will be very sad, but I'll probably be more sad. She's been a huge help over here. Going to sign off for now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment