Thursday, September 25, 2008

Praising God in little things!

Well, we're to praise God in all things. Today I'm going to praise Him that he has given us the technology of portable DVD players and Elmo DVDs. Broderick was great at the doctor. He sat on the floor and watched Elmo. The doctor said how patient he was, and I explained that this isn't normal, but was because of the DVD. She said, "that thing is a very good thing." I had to agree with her. The nurse that took care of me had lived in St Louis for a year as an au pair for a couple. So she was quite excited to talk about the US and while she enjoyed living there for a year, she was also good at pointing out all the reasons Denmark is better. Many of her points were good, but even if not, I'm not going to make enemies over here.

Signing up for my language classes did not go so good. We went to the center and the one lady that we need to talk to was not there. They told us to make an appointment with this lady we have one hour in the day which we have to call. So Ulla, the danish lady who went with me is going to set up my appointment and let me know when it is. That's nice because phone calls are much harder to do than talking in person. When you call a business or office, you always get these options, but of course they're in Danish, so I have no idea what is being said.

After dinner tonight, we took some bread that was getting old and took Broderick to the park to feed the ducks and swans. He was having fun throwing the bread to the ducks, but then decided to start eating it himself. At that point it was Broderick's bread and he didn't throw one more piece to the ducks. I couldn't believe it, if I had tried to feed Broderick stale bread at home, he wouldn't have touched it, but all of a sudden its his bread and not the ducks. The ducks were fairly aggressive, they started to come out of the water, pretty close to us. So we called it quits.
It was fun while we lasted.
Since arriving, we have had home cooked meals every night except for when I went out with my mom, so tomorrow we're going to have pizza. I'm taking the night off. Brad says its not very good here, but I'm going to give it a try. Oh and remember the waffles that I found, I made them for Broderick this morning, not good. A big disappointment. So I guess I'll have to pull out the waffle iron for Broderick every now and then. Convenience foods aren't big over here, but I guess that's a good thing, a healthier diet. That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly do have the cutest blog on the block.....very cool!!!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. alaina did the same thing yesterday...she was "feeding the birds" in our yard...all the work made her very hungry and it became her meal...

    ReplyDelete