Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gettin settled!

Well, I finally did it. I have started a blog. I know I had doubters out there and I was one too. Hopefully I can keep you all up to date with our happenings across the ocean and I'm sure I'll learn as I go on how to work a blog.

Last night everyone went to bed great. Unfortunately, Broderick woke up after about 3 hours (just like a nap) and was wide awake. The deal was if he was up at night Brad would take care of him since Mom and I needed to catch up on sleep. Broderick seemed to be making quite a bit of noise, so I came out to check and Brad was cashed out on the couch, cartoons were on the TV, and Broderick was happily playing with his toys. He didn't seem a bit tired. He finally fell back asleep between 3:30 and 4:00 and we all slept until 11 this morning (except for mom). Hopefully he'll be back on track tonight with his schedule.

Broderick has already made a few friends in the neighborhood. While Brad and I were napping, 3 neighbor girls came to the door to play with the little american boy. My mom went outside with them and although some language differences, they seemed to communicate ok. Thankfully they start teaching kids english early in school. This neighborhood should be great for Broderick, there is about 70 kids under the age of 8 according to one of the neighbors.





This is Maria, Carolina and Josephine.


It was a nice day, a little brisk when there was wind, but when the sun was out, it was great. Brad took Broderick down to the playground at the end of the street. He had just found his golfballs in the stuff we had packed so he had to take those with.

It was a great day for me too, while we were outside watching Broderick play, my mom decided to wash windows. Note that I'm leisurely sitting in a chair with my mom behind me washing windows.
Well, not much else to tell for today. Brad went out to eat with Rick (his boss from the US) who just arrived in Denmark today and Al, who is also in town for a little from the US. Keep in touch with what is going on in all your lives back home. We should have a busy week trying to get settled in and get things for the house.

Megan

7 comments:

  1. im proud of you megan. you are now surfing on the crest of the internet revolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi megan! Yay, we will all feel so much more connected to you through your blog!! thanks for doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! I'm a subscriber!! I'm sure it helps you feel more connected to "home" doing this blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work setting up the blog! I'll check in every now and then to see what's new with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, I'm glad you're doing a blog! What a great way to stay connected! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for starting a blog! We are proud of you! I will put in my line up of ones that I check often.
    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan,

    I love your blog. It is so neat to keep up this way. You inspried me to start my own blog now!
    Love you- Annie

    ReplyDelete