Sunday, October 19, 2008

Care Package!!!!!!

Well today turned out to be a great day. A couple of guys from Hawkeye were coming to Denmark today, one of which is Brad's cousin Ben. With him he brought the most amazing care package I have ever seen. It was a whole suitcase and more of awesome goodies and books and cards. I haven't cried too much over here, but you guys made me cry. I am so thankful to have such caring friends and family. So to Kim, Terrean, Jodi, Tricia, Stacey, Jane and Natalie - thank you soooooo much. You made our day, I should say week over here. And poor Ben who had to carry all that extra luggage. What a saint.
Broderick got up from his nap and came out and said, "Oooo, woooow!" Then he wanted to open every box of everything there was. I had to put some things out of his reach and he settled on the Cheez-its. I had a snickers bar right away. So good. =)
Saturday, we took Broderick on a train ride. He was pretty excited to finally ride a "choo-choo" or as they say in Denmark, a "foot-foot". Unfortunately, the train was packed and we had to stand the whole ride.
We spent a little time in downtown Aalborg walking around and took Broderick to a toy store and then headed back to Broenderslev - we had seats on the return trip.
On Thursday morning we had to say good-bye to Grandpa Ron, we were sad to see him go, it was so nice to have him here for a little bit.
Here's Grandpa reading to Broderick the last night before he left. Poor Ron was probably sick of singing songs and reading books.
I finally have my residence permit, so I'm official. I'm still waiting for news on when my Danish classes will be. I'm really ready to start those, I get frustrated a lot not understanding the language. This little mechanical horse is outside the movie store in our downtown. Every time we walk by it Broderick wants to ride it. Finally we broke down and actually put in a coin. (He had only sat on it before.) He was thrilled. You may notice in these pics that Broderick's hair is shorter. We finally found a place that was reasonable, only about 20$. They were friendly Iraqis and spoke a little English, so I was thankful for that. We also found a new restaurant that we like - believe it or not, it was Chinese. It was really good and they're actually open reasonable hours.
Thanks again so much for the care package girls (& spouses). It meant the world to me. Everything in it was great!

2 comments:

  1. There are enough Americans in Singapore that I can get pretty much what we are used to back home. The selection is pretty limited but based on your picture I'm guessing that what I have available here is more than what you have in Denmark. I will try to be more thankful:)

    Enjoy your care package!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Becky feeling left out in the care package department? I will send one before you leave Singapore!! I promise!

    ReplyDelete