Friday, October 31, 2008

Things don't always go as planned!!!

I am so sad tonight. I'm supposed to be on an airplane on my way to Chicago and Brad and Broderick were supposed to be having father/son bonding time. We went to the airport today and they had no record of me having a reservation. So, what to do? To buy a new ticket would have been $4000 and we were running out of time trying to figure out other possibilities and return flights. The other possibility would have been only $1600, but I would have had a 13 hour layover in Frankfurt and not get to Chicago until 2 in the afternoon. I was supposed to be at the church at 2:30 pm. The question is who is to blame. Sadly I think its my darling husband who was supposed to make the reservation and told me when he did, but was unable to find any confirmation on his email. Otherwise its on travelocity, but how do we tell what actually happened. Needless to say, Brad is feeling quite bad so he's online right now looking at tickets elsewhere to try to make up for it. He's looking at various spas in Europe right now, so that will help me feel better. =) I am sad that I'm missing my best friend since I was four years old wedding, I never thought I'd miss it. And it would have been great to see my family and friends even though it was for a short stay. So, this weekend will be spent in Denmark, we'll try to make it a fun one and it will be good to be with my boys.

3 comments:

  1. It's okay Meg-
    We love you and miss you but you will be with us in spirit. I promise to take pics and post them on my blog for you.
    Miss you
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad Annie. I know it will be so fun for all of you. I definitely want to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad! You seem to have such a good attitude about it...hopefully you'll get back soon. Looks like you guys have so much fun though-

    ReplyDelete