Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CPR

I have no pictures from today. Sorry. We went to the Kommune this morning and Broderick and I got our CPR #s. This is critical as you really can't sign up or do anything without this # in Denmark. This also means our medical care is covered. Yeah! This is good. The other day I got a letter from my OB doctor in Aalborg who will handle my pregnancy and they included a sheet with the average costs of everything since I was on a cash basis at the time. They included ultrasounds, normal delivery and C-section. I had to go back to the doctor today and have my blood drawn again. They had my birthday marked wrong on my paperwork last time, so they had to redo it. The nurse is so friendly, she actually lives within a couple minutes of us and she gave me her phone #s and offered to help with anything. So, we're going to get together for coffee sometime. OK - I really need to learn to like coffee, because that's all anyone wants to do over here - Go out for coffee.

Tonight, all went well with the babysitters, or at least that's what they told us. We had a nice dinner at a restaurant out in the country. Very gourmet, and nice company. Its always a little risky ordering food when you don't understand the menu. I felt a little weird though because it was me and 5 guys. I hope they didn't mind I tagged along.

We're getting excited as Brad's dad is coming to stay with us in a week. He's coming here for work but we're so excited he'll be staying with us. The guest bed that we got is referred to as Bop-pop's bed by Broderick. He's quite excited that his grandpa is going to be there. Can't wait for you to come Grandpa!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Megan-I am enjoying your blog! You can learn coffee! I was much older than you when I did. 'Course I like a couple of tablespoons of heavy whipping cream in mine. That should be no problem over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your mother-in-law...I learned to like coffee about 5 years ago. I figured if I wanted to leisurely sit and visit with people including my husband...I had to grin and bear it. First of all, most coffee is way to strong...so start weak...add some water water to it. Then add some Splenda, milk and a dash of vanilla. Of course, then you have a nice vanilla latte! Get used to coffee so when you come home at Christmas, we can sip lattes in your sunroom.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone drinks coffee here to which blows me away - the weather is 100 degrees and humid and they pour hot liquid into their bodies... I still don't like coffee but I compensate with lots of cream like your mother-in-law and CHOCOLATE!

    You guys are SO lucky that your parents get to come and visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Megan,
    Just found your blog. It all takes a bit of time, but it sounds like you're figuring things out. :) It's been over 1 1/2 years for us in Belgium, so I can tell you that it does get better! EVERYONE drinks coffee here, too and very leisurely, I might add. No "to go" cups here! Glad Broderick has some friends to play with. We have zero kids near us, but Tobin has met a bunch of friends through the local school. My parents come in 2 weeks - can't wait! :) So glad Brad's dad is coming to see you guys. Visitors are so exciting, aren't they???
    Take care & we'll be in touch!
    Krystin

    ReplyDelete