Sunday, October 26, 2008

US Visitors and Jumboland

We had a full week, but a good one. The weather here has not been great, but since our heat is now working, its not nearly so bad. Yesterday we took Broderick to a place called "Jumboland" which is called a kid's play paradise. Broderick loved it. So many fun things to do and run around. I can see we will be returning there often.




Going down a big slide!









Driving a car with Daddy's help.



Look, I found 2 balls.




Taking a few seconds to give Daddy a hug.




Wheee!!






Running fast!!






"Hopper" (in Danish)







The balls were fun!




Friday night, we went out to eat with Brad's Danish teacher and her husband to a place called, "Gammel Vro Slots" which means old castle. It was so cool. I wish I could show a picture of the outside, but it was too dark and the picture didn't turn out. This is definitely a place we'll take anyone who comes to visit.

Here's Broderick playing with his friend Krister.

Ben Schmidgall and Dave Stoller were here until Friday morning. They came to our house twice to eat. It was so good to see them and have some contacts from home here in person. We miss everyone so much.

I think Brad thoroughly enjoyed all the engineering talk they got in.

There was an engineering party for Brad's work too, so I finally got a chance to meet many of his coworkers and their significant others. It was good to finally put faces to so many of the names. Brad played in a golf tournament for work today. They are crazy. It was cold and windy, but for some reason, they still enjoy playing. Afterwards they ate a traditional cabbage stew and insisted Brad bring home the leftovers for me. So... Broderick and I are about to give it a try.


I'm looking forward to next weekend as I get to go home to Chicago for a couple of days for my friend, Kelly's wedding. It will be so good to see some family and friends, but it will be a fast stay. Broderick is staying home with Daddy. This will be the first time Brad has him alone overnight. Hopefully they'll do ok.

3 comments:

  1. Yes!
    I didn't know that you were coming back for Kelly's wedding. I can't wait to see you-
    Love
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad, the play place that Broderick went to reminds me of when you, Jack and i went to Discovery Zone in chicago. Wasn't that fun?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you had a new post tonight...i've been wondering what you've been up to...

    ReplyDelete