Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! We have had a good day here in Denmark and enjoyed a good meal, a big surprise since I cooked the whole thing. Unfortunately we got a bit of bad news when we picked Broderick up from dagpleje today. We were told that he punched another little boy because he wanted his stuffed monkey. Not good!! But he was quite proud of his art projects and wanted to show his grandmas what he made. (Its a drawing and an little wreath ornament made from orange peels).



Here's
the pumpkin pie I made from scratch. It turned out good. Tasted like a pumpkin pie. It wasn't as hard as I had thought it would have been. Once you get the pumpkin cooked, its the same as a normal pumpkin pie.





Here's Broderick and Krister playing together.
Our friends Brian and Janne with their children Krister and Iben. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, gravy and bread. We had plenty of food. I feel about 9 months pregnant right now. By the way, my turkey was about 13 pounds and cost about $100. It was quite expensive.
Megan and Iben. Need my practice with a little girl.
Brian, Janne and Iben.
Here's the whole family. I would like to think Broderick is laughing in this picture, but he's actually screaming.
I'm so glad we were able to celebrate over here, but its days like this that make you wish you were closer to family. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving back home!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad it all came together...the gang is arriving shortly...won't seem right without you guys. Just a few more weeks and we can all be together. I am so proud of you Megs, I knew you could do it!!
    From,
    Mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work! i am finally caught up on your blog again and now need to get going on mine :) have a great weekend. and by the way the spa, looked amazing! one more thing...i think you need to get a pic of you where we can see the growing baby!

    ReplyDelete