Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sickness and School!

Last weekend we went to a place called Jerry's on Saturday in a town called Frederikshavn, which is on the eastern coast of Denmark on the sea. Jerry's is an "American" restaurant started by an American who moved to Denmark. A lot of different burgers and American cuisine. It was good, we had hamburgers and milkshakes. We went there with a coworker of Brad's, Brian Munck and his family. They were really nice and fun to be with. This town has a NATO navy base, there were HUGE ships there.

Then on Sunday afternoon, we took the train to Aalborg for Broderick's sake, and had plans to go to Pizza Hut there. We were excited for some American style pizza. We get off the train, walk all the way there, and it was closed. It had gone out of business. Ahhh, the letdown. Poor Broderick was sad. He kept saying, "pizza dut, pizza dut". So we ate out at a different restaurant, which was fine, but we were all craving some pizza.
Here's mommy and Broderick at the restaurant. You can tell Broderick's eyes are a little swollen here. He has had a cold and it had moved to his eyes. They were red, swollen, and had a ton of drainage. I started language school on Monday, so we called the Dr on Monday morning and told him the symptoms. He told us, its just a cold in his eyes, there's nothing he can do for him.

So, we took him to dagpleje and I went to school. After lunch I look at my phone, there was a message from dagpleje saying Broderick had "infectious eyes" and couldn't be at dagpleje until seen by a doctor. So I had to leave my first day of classes early to pick up Broderick and take him to the doctor. We saw the doctor and he told us again, its just a virus pink eye and there's nothing he can do about it. Broderick went back to dagpleje on Tuesday and I went back to class. When I picked him up Tuesday, the poor guy looked terrible. Eyes matted almost shut with drainage, bloodshot, and swollen. I don't think his teacher was too excited that he was there.

So today, I kept him home with me, hoping he would sleep in a little and get a better nap and have a chance to rest and get better. He wanted to see "Bee Movie" so we went to the movie store and I had a couple of errands I had to get done as well. Of course every store we went to, he had to sit on the animal they had outside. Here he is on a few of them.

I think he's doing a little better. He's still more cranky than usual, but his eyes aren't draining as much and although still bloodshot, they are improving. I don't have class tomorrow, but I do Friday, so I need him better by then.
Eating his "nana".

Playing with his Duplos!

Language class is intense, almost 6 hours a day. Hopefully with that much class time, I can learn something. Most people in my class are refugees from various countries, such as Myanmar, Africa, Serbia, ect. Its interesting to hear their stories. It makes me thankful how easy my life has been. Strange enough, the class is kind-of taught in English, most people speak a little of that. It makes it nice for me. Hoping for better weather. Rainy and windy here. It seems to be the trend. Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment