Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Its a GIRL ... they think!!!!

Well, we had a marathon day of appointments today again. Left Broenderslev at 10:45 this morning and just got back this afternoon at about 3:30. Brad and Broderick both came with me today and they both did great. We were informed when we got there that children weren't allowed in the ultrasound room and if he was noisy, Brad would have to take them out. She was quite stern until she realized we couldn't read Danish all that well and didn't have a daycare or family around.

Anyways, the baby looked normal and everything was working well - the heart, kidneys, stomach, bladder and brain. We are so thankful for that. She had a hard time getting a good look between the legs, but if she had to guess, she would say girl.

Then she had to go back to measure the thigh bone which was 2.8cm at this time and this time we got a good look. So its either a girl or a boy with really small genitals. =) We'll have it confirmed with the ultrasound in December, but right now it doesn't look like I'll need any of Broderick's old baby clothes at Christmas to bring back with me.

We're excited and will have to start thinking of little girl names. Brad's already got one picked out, but I'm not convinced. He of course wants a traditional Danish name. We'll see what we can find and hopefully we'll be able to pronounce it. =)

4 comments:

  1. how exciting!!! I have been hoping to skype you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.. so many girls now! (Me, you, Arian, Colleen) We'll all have girls so close in age!
    How exciting. My ultrasound tech was about 85% sure it was a girl too. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I would love to name my kid Soren, like Soren Kirkegaard. I think that is the most awesome Danish name I have ever heard. I wouldn't have told you, but now that I know you are having a girl, I feel comfortable sharing knowing you won't steal it. You could even have one of the letter 'o' with a line through it for the 'o' in Soren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Girls are SO fun (and jeff would say SO much more expensive.) Broderick is just a doll- so cute!

    ReplyDelete